Garlic Shrimp Pasta
This recipe is elegant, yet doesn't require hours of working in the kitchen. Everyone agrees it's quite a treat.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 ounces thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- In a small skillet, cook garlic in butter for 1 minute. Whisk in
- cream, parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for about 13 minutes or until sauce is thickened,
- stirring occasionally. Add shrimp to pan. Cook and stir for about 2
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Pour over pasta; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 830 calories, 65 g fat (40 g saturated fat), 372 mg cholesterol, 838 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.