Garlic Shrimp and Rice
My son's favorite food is shrimp, so I'm always looking for quick and simple ways to make it. In this recipe, sometimes I use garlic salt instead of minced garlic cloves and salt. —Julie Trani, Chesapeake, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the shrimp, garlic and salt in butter and oil for 1
- minute. Add spinach. Cover and cook until shrimp turn pink and
- spinach is wilted. Stir in rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 290 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.