- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the shrimp, garlic and salt in butter and oil for 1 minute. Add spinach. Cover and cook until shrimp turn pink and spinach is wilted. Stir in rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Shrimp and Rice
Sort By :
We don't like brown rice, so I used organic jasmani, took the suggestion on the red pepper flakes, and also added about a t of lemon juice and tossed in some sliced almonds. It was good. I'll play with it some more...
I've made this recipe many times, exactly as written, for my family. They LOVE it! It's fast, easy and delicious. Sometimes (when I'm feeling spicy) I add red pepper flakes ... it adds a bit of heat. Thanks for the recipe!
Next time I'd add water chestnuts, carrots,etc. I doubled the recipe and didn't have leftovers
I am in Japan so I had to make a few modifications such as using white rice and I cut the recipe in half as well. I am not the biggest fish fan but I have a lot of shrimp and this was a great way to use it while enjoying eating it! I can see why it is one of your son's favorite foods! :)
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >