For this easy-to-make main dish salad, you can prepare the rice mixture and chop the vegetables ahead of time. Cook the shrimp at the last minute, then assemble it all together for a light yet satisfying meal. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula or baby spinach
- Toss shrimp with oil, garlic and oregano; let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to a large bowl; cool slightly. For dressing, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, basil and lemon juice.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp mixture over medium-high heat until shrimp turns pink, 2-3 minutes. Add to rice; stir in celery, parsley and pepper. Add arugula and toss lightly; serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Shrimp & Rice Salad in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Shrimp & Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review