Garlic Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Effortless and delicious: That’s exactly how we like Monday-through-Friday meals to be, and this one fits the bill perfectly. The lightly coated pasta and veggie mixture tastes like it came from an Italian restaurant, but it’s ready in no time for just a few dollars a serving. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in oil in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add the shrimp, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Stir in the tomatoes, 1/4 cup cheese and butter. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC