Effortless and delicious: That’s exactly how we like Monday-through-Friday meals to be, and this one fits the bill perfectly. The lightly coated pasta and veggie mixture tastes like it came from an Italian restaurant, but it’s ready in no time for just a few dollars a serving. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in oil in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the shrimp, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, 1/4 cup cheese and butter. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review