Garlic-Sesame Pita Chips
Add a little crunch to dinner with Garlic-Sesame Pita Chips—all you need is 15 minutes and a few basic ingredients. With their crisp texture, these chips are a wonderful addition to casseroles, salads and soups, but they’re also great alone as a snack. Helen B. Forsythe of Puyallup, Washington shares the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut pita breads in half. Split each half in two; cut into strips.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, combine the oils;
- brush over strips. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garlic salt.
- Bake at 400° for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.