Sauteed bits of garlic and shallot, plus a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds, turn ordinary beans into something special. Keep the recipe in mind for your garden crop in summer, too. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Featured In: 25 Potluck Side Dishes to Feed a Crowd
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oils over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain green beans and return to Dutch oven. Add shallot mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Sesame Green Beans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Garlic-Sesame Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review