- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, bring 10 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oils over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain green beans and return to Dutch oven. Add shallot mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGarlic-Sesame Green Beans
"Easy to prepare and delicious. Hubby asked for thirds! and he is not a big vegetable eater.."
"I made these last night and they were so good. I cooked the beans on the stove. Use the same ingredients - great !"
"I prepared these delicious green beans tonight and we loved them. This is such an easy recipe. I cooked the beans 7 minutes in boiling water. I followed the recipe directions but made a couple of minor changes. I omitted the sesame oil since I didn't have any and chopped a little sweet onion instead of a shallot. I did pare the recipe down for the two of us. We will definitely have this delicious recipe again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"