Garlic-Scented Broccoli Florets Recipe
This broccoli side with a light garlic scent adds beautiful color and bursts of flavor to any meal. Laura Merkle of Dover, Delaware comments, “With fresh broccoli so full of nutrients and so readily available in the supermarket, it's a great accompaniment to just about any dish.”
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water; drain.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Discard garlic. Add broccoli and salt to skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Garlic-Scented Broccoli Florets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC