Garlic-Scented Broccoli Florets Recipe
This broccoli side with a light garlic scent adds beautiful color and bursts of flavor to any meal. Laura Merkle of Dover, Delaware comments, “With fresh broccoli so full of nutrients and so readily available in the supermarket, it's a great accompaniment to just about any dish.”
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water; drain.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Discard garlic. Add broccoli and salt to skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC