Garlic-Scented Broccoli Florets Recipe
This broccoli side with a light garlic scent adds beautiful color and bursts of flavor to any meal. Laura Merkle of Dover, Delaware comments, “With fresh broccoli so full of nutrients and so readily available in the supermarket, it's a great accompaniment to just about any dish.”
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Discard garlic. Add broccoli and salt to skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Scented Broccoli Florets in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p7
Reviews for Garlic-Scented Broccoli Florets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >