Garlic Salmon Linguine
Theresa Hagan shares the garlic-seasoned main dish priced at 67 cents a serving. It calls for handy pantry ingredients, including pasta and canned salmon. "I serve it with asparagus, rolls and fruit," says the Glendale, Arizona cook.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or until
- crisp-tender. Stir in the salmon, broth, parsley, salt and cayenne.
- Cook until heated through. Drain linguine; add to salmon mixture and
- toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 489 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.