- 12 garlic cloves, minced or sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks (3/4 inch thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, oil and salt; rub over both sides of steaks. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Serve over steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Rubbed T-Bones with Burgundy Mushrooms in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p23
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic-Rubbed T-Bones with Burgundy Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2014
"Very easy! Steaks and sauce were delicious"
Reviewed May. 27, 2012
"Perfect recipe for T-Bones!! It is very flavorful and easy to make. This recipe is a keeper."