Garlic Rosemary Turkey Recipe
- 1 whole turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cut six to eight small slits in turkey skin; insert garlic under the skin. . Squeeze two lemon halves inside the turkey; squeeze remaining halves over outside of turkey. Place lemons in the cavity.
- 2. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Brush with oil; sprinkle with rosemary and sage. Roast 1 hour.
- 3. Cover turkey with foil; roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings.
- 4. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with turkey. Yield: 10 servings.
9 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without gravy) equals 414 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 66 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer