These colorful vegetables boasting a subtle herb flavor roast to perfection and are guaranteed to become a holiday favorite. They complement almost any entrée and are easy to prepare.—Donna Lamano, Olathe, Kansas
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 cup cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 whole garlic bulbs, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 shallots, quartered
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel the carrots, turnip and parsnip; cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; add the potatoes, squash, garlic, shallots, oil, salt, thyme and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Roasted Winter Vegetables in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p101
Reviews for Garlic Roasted Winter Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review