Garlic Roasted Winter Vegetables Recipe
These colorful vegetables boasting a subtle herb flavor roast to perfection and are guaranteed to become a holiday favorite. They complement almost any entrée and are easy to prepare.—Donna Lamano, Olathe, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 cup cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 whole garlic bulbs, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 shallots, quartered
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Peel the carrots, turnip and parsnip; cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; add the potatoes, squash, garlic, shallots, oil, salt, thyme and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 135 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC