Garlic Roasted Winter Vegetables Recipe
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 cup cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 whole garlic bulbs, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 shallots, quartered
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Peel the carrots, turnip and parsnip; cut into 1-in. pieces. Place in a large bowl; add the potatoes, squash, garlic, shallots, oil, salt, thyme and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 135 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Roasted Winter Vegetables
"Absolutely delicious! Roasted garlic is much more mellow than minced or crushed, so it wasn't overpowering at all. People should really refrain from reviewing until they have actually tested the recipe. So annoying."
"I love this recipe, going to make it a second time, first time only used one bilb of garlic because I read the recipe wrong, I used turnip instead of parsnip, not a squash eater but loved this! I will use all the garlic this time, recipe is a keeper"
"I haven't made this but that seems like ALOT OF garlic! It sounds great just wondering if my coworkers will suffer the next day 3 stars until I make it"
"This is a fantastic recipe! Our daughter who is not overly fond of certain veggies, loves this. Very similar to a recipe by Ina Garten. She also uses cut-up sweet potatoes. To make it easy, I toss all the veggies in a gallon freezer lock bag along with the olive oil and then spread them on the baking pan."