Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cut the top off garlic bulbs so each clove is exposed. Brush with oil; wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove garlic from skins; mash and set aside.
- 2. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Add milk, butter, rosemary, salt and garlic; mash until light and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 224 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
"I also make it with cauliflower."
"They were great and so easy to make!"
"I did not really like these potatoes. If I make them again I will try chives instead of rosemary."
"These were excellent, I did not have any leftovers from Thanksgiving, however I will only be making them on holidays, there is a lot of prep time to go into them."