Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes Recipe
My family loves potatoes and considers this dressed-up version a real favorite. Mouthwatering flavor comes from roasted garlic and rosemary. These fluffy, pleasing potatoes make a standout side dish for any meat.—Rita Wenrich, La Luz, New Mexico
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cut the top off garlic bulbs so each clove is exposed. Brush with oil; wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove garlic from skins; mash and set aside.
- 2. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Add milk, butter, rosemary, salt and garlic; mash until light and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 224 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC