Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
My family loves potatoes and considers this dressed-up version a real favorite. Mouthwatering flavor comes from roasted garlic and rosemary. These fluffy, pleasing potatoes make a standout side dish for any meat.—Rita Wenrich, La Luz, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Cook: 20 min.
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the top off garlic bulbs so each clove is exposed. Brush with
- oil; wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until garlic
- is very soft. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove garlic from skins; mash and
- set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil;
- cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- Add milk, butter, rosemary, salt and garlic; mash until light and
- fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 224 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.