Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes Recipe
My family loves potatoes and considers this dressed-up version a real favorite. Mouthwatering flavor comes from roasted garlic and rosemary. These fluffy, pleasing potatoes make a standout side dish for any meat.Rita Wenrich, La Luz, New Mexico
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the top off garlic bulbs so each clove is exposed. Brush with oil; wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove garlic from skins; mash and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Add milk, butter, rosemary, salt and garlic; mash until light and fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p39
Reviews for Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review