- 6 medium chicken drumsticks
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 12 extra-large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place the chicken, potatoes and garlic in a large roasting pan. Pour butter over all and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 180°, basting frequently with the pan juices. Heat honey; drizzle over chicken. Remove the chicken, potatoes and garlic to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a small bowl; skim fat. Serve with chicken, potatoes and garlic. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic-Roasted Honey Chicken
"Tasty and simple. I left the garlic peeled (I did take off the outer most very papery layer) in the pan with the potatoes and chicken. Did not serve with the dripping because I was out of time, but I think I would enjoy it."
"where is the nutritional values?because I'm on a low sodium diet, plus having gout, I will not try a new dish lest I have them values...."
"I've not made this yet, but know we will love it since we love garlic; however, I gave the recipe a Poor rating as I can't figure out why you wouldn't peel the garlic?? Surely you don't eat the papery membrane of the garlic clove? I will definitely peel the garlic!"
"I just didn't get the honey in this recipe. I peeled my garlic since I couldn't understand why you wouldn't."
"This was a really easy recipe. It was very flavorful too! My kids loved it!"
"Would make again...important to baste frequently so it gets nice and brown. Had to leave my chicken in close to an hour. Next time will make a gravy with the brown bits."