This roasted chicken is one I usually serve as a "treat" supper on weekends. I'll also make it sometimes for company. Everyone says they love it—there rarely are any leftovers. —Michelle Bouchard, St. Jean-Baptiste, Manitoba
- 6 medium chicken drumsticks
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 12 extra-large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place the chicken, potatoes and garlic in a large roasting pan. Pour butter over all and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 180°, basting frequently with the pan juices. Heat honey; drizzle over chicken. Remove the chicken, potatoes and garlic to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a small bowl; skim fat. Serve with chicken, potatoes and garlic. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Roasted Chicken in Country Woman September/October 1991, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic-Roasted Honey Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review