Garlic Roasted Green Beans
This easy recipe is a family favorite throughout the year. It can be served warm or at room temperature, making it a great take-along dish.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Brush a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with the oil. Place the
- green beans, onion and garlic in a single layer in pan. Sprinkle
- with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes
- or until crisp-tender, stirring twice.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 133 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.