Garlic Roasted Green Beans Recipe
This easy recipe is a family favorite throughout the year. It can be served warm or at room temperature, making it a great take-along dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Brush a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with the oil. Place the green beans, onion and garlic in a single layer in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring twice.
- 2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 133 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC