Garlic-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
This recipe has been in my "favorites" file for almost 20 years. My husband and I enjoyed it before we had kids, and now they love it, too. It's a real time saver! —Beth Erbert, Livermore, California
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place the chicken, potatoes and garlic in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Combine the syrup and remaining salt; drizzle over chicken. Spoon pan
- juices over potatoes and garlic. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a
- meat thermometer reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.