- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 1 to 2 lime wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- Thyme sprig, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup wine or broth, lime wedges, garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Pour into cavity of chicken. Pour remaining wine or broth in roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with paprika. Loosely tent with foil. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes, basting occasionally. Remove foil; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally. Add additional wine or broth to pan of liquid evaporates.
- Discard bay leaf and lime wedges. Remove chicken to a serving platter and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, bouillon and sherry or juice until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with chicken. Yield: 3-4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Garlic Roasted Chicken
Sort By :
this is like the most awesomest meal in the world I LOVE GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN! and i dont even know what chicken is.