- 1 loaf (10 ounces) frozen garlic bread
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound shaved deli roast beef
- 6 slices Colby cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer each half of garlic bread with roast beef, mushroom mixture and cheese. Return to oven; bake for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches
"Awesome! Although I was camping and forgot the Worcestershire sauce. Can't wait to try again with it."
"I really liked this recipe. The garlic bread gave the rest of it a nice kick, and I used Colby Pepper Jack because we like a little spice. It was really good, might try with the peppers next time. I disagree with the person who complained that there's too much garlic, I think it was important, especially after tasting the saut?ed mushrooms and onions together."
"Using the garlic bread added so much to this sandwich! Not to mention the onions and mushrooms! I followed the recipe exactly except for using Colby Jack cheese. This will be made again and again at our house!"
"I have made these several times & they are easy & delicious! I used Swiss cheese instead of Colby & Fareway's deli sliced Italian roast beef. Yummy!"
"Having the beef on garlic bread is so good! I also added green peppers with the mushrooms and onions."
"I've made this multiple times. It is always successful. My picky eater who doesn't eat sandwiches does eat this!"
"Followed the recipe exactly except for the extra garlic (didn't feel it was necessary on garlic bread). It was very good. The only other change I might make is using a different type of cheese."
"These were simple and very good. I used provolone instead of Colby."
"There is something about garlic, roast beef and cheese. Delicious every time I make these sandwiches. The filling (except the cheese) can be made ahead and reheated; layer filling on toasted bun, top with cheese and bake until cheese melts."
"We love this! So good with the garlic bread."