The hint of garlic in the dressing and the addition of fresh herbs add just the right flavor for this savory potato salad. As my official taste tester, my husband usually tells me to “add this or that” to spice things up, but this was the first recipe I experimented with that I didn’t have to add anything.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 3/4 pound medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Transfer to a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Ranch Potato Salad in Reminisce Extra January 2009
Reviews for Garlic Ranch Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2013
"I love potato salad and using ranch dressing instead of straight mayo is great!"
Reviewed May. 10, 2011
"I first found this in Reminese"