Garlic Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
What to do with all those pumpkin seeds guests will be scooping out at your party? This yummy, microwave-easy recipe will have folks eating 'em up by crunchy handfuls! Save a few for yourself before they're gone, suggests Iola Egle of Bella Vista, Arkansas.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, celery salt, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Add pumpkin seeds; toss to coat. Spread a quarter of the seeds in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir.
- 2. Microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until seeds are crunchy and lightly browned, stirring after each minute. Repeat with remaining pumpkin seeds. Serve warm, or cool before storing in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Garlic Pumpkin Seeds
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC