Garlic Potato Biscuits Recipe
We grow our own potatoes and garlic, so these delectable biscuits are on our table often. I make biscuits a lot because they're quicker and easier than rolls.
- 1 large potato (1/2 pound), peeled and diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. Place potato and garlic in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender. Drain. Add butter, salt and pepper to potato and garlic; mash. In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder; stir in potato mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and stir well.
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
1 each: 120 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Potato Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC