Garlic Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Using the point of a sharp knife, make eight slits in the roast. Insert garlic into slits. Combine the garlic powder, salad dressing mix and pepper; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain.
- 2. Combine the water, onion soup mix and bouillon; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 426 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Pot Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.