Garlic Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Using the point of a sharp knife, make eight slits in the roast. Insert garlic into slits. Combine the garlic powder, salad dressing mix and pepper; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain.
- Combine the water, onion soup mix and bouillon; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and onion. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic Pot Roast(2)
Sort By :
Love it! Everyone in my family liked this Roast and made a point of telling me to NOT misplace this recipe. Definately going to make this roast once a month.
My family went nuts for this recipe! I made a few slight variations to the recipe, but it's the recipe's base ingredients that make this roast so outstanding! I marinated the chuck roast in Pepsi for about an hour before searing it in the pan; I then used the Pepsi as a base for the basting sauce, adding additional water to it to reach the 3 cups of liquid. I also added flour to the spice rub before rubbing it on the chuck roast. Finally, I turned the chuck roast a few times in the basting sauce while it was cooking. I also roasted the vegetables in a separate dish from the chuck roast so that they would get a little crispy. I tossed the vegetables with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and olive oil before roasting.