Garlic Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. With a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket between each rib on meaty side of roast. In a small bowl, mix the green pepper, green onions, celery and garlic; stuff into pockets. Sprinkle salt and cayenne pepper over roast.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, stuffing side up. Roast 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic Pork Roast(4)
Sort By :
I couldn't find bone-in pork loin roast here so I used butt roast instead. It took 4 hours to get to 145 degrees and although the flavor was great, the meat was pretty tough. In the end, we threw the meat into a dutch oven with some beef broth for another 2 hours at 300 degrees. It was much more tender.
I made two of these roasts for a big family dinner. I chose this recipe since half of us can't eat beef but my husband really wanted a roast. It was a big hit! There was one piece left when our guests went home and even it was polished off before the sun rose. (I did leave out the green pepper though)
Outstanding! I used fresh herbs and garlic rather than the vegies and green onions. Lovely presentation.
Never in my life have I made or had a pork roast so delicious. This recipe is outstanding and flavorful. I did not change one thing about it. I am not a huge fan of pork, because it usually seems to come out bland. But, this recipe takes on the flavor of the garlic stuffing, and is elegant and superb.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >