Garlic Phyllo Bundles Recipe
Wonderful roasted garlic wrapped in flaky phyllo dough simply melt in your mouth. Walnuts add a surprising crunch, while the melted butter lends rich flavor to the bite-sized bundles.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 7 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo with butter; place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
- 2. Cut the two layered sheets into four 14-in. x 2-1/4-in. strips. Place one garlic clove on lower corner of each strip; sprinkle 1 teaspoon walnuts over length of strip.
- 3. Fold dough over garlic, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal.
- 4. Place bread crumbs in a small shallow bowl. Brush both sides of triangle with butter; dip in bread crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC