Garlic Phyllo Bundles Recipe
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 7 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo with butter; place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
- 2. Cut the two layered sheets into four 14-in. x 2-1/4-in. strips. Place one garlic clove on lower corner of each strip; sprinkle 1 teaspoon walnuts over length of strip.
- 3. Fold dough over garlic, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal.
- 4. Place bread crumbs in a small shallow bowl. Brush both sides of triangle with butter; dip in bread crumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 each: 68 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Phyllo Bundles
"I love this recipe. I've made it for the last two halloween parties and I call it Vampire Repellent. These little bundles are very rich and wonderful. Last year I changed it up a bit and used cashews instead of walnuts and I liked it even better. This year I might try pecans!"