Garlic Pepper Toast Recipe
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion, pepper and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Add basil and garlic salt; set aside. Cut bread into 1-in. slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil each side for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush remaining oil on one side of bread. Top with pepper mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 256 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Pepper Toast
"This is very simple and very tasty. A good alternative to bruschetta. We look forward to making it with fresh peppers from our garden every year!"