Garlic-Pepper Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Brush steaks with oil; rub in seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked beef) equals 209 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.