- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Brush steaks with oil; rub in seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garlic-Pepper Tenderloin Steaks
"My husband isn't a big fan of putting anything on his steak but salt and pepper, maybe some garlic, However I talked him into trying this rub on our T-bone steaks. The only thing I changed was substituting the cayenne pepper with chipotle powder for more of a smoky flavor. A nice flavored crust that didn't overwhelm the great tender juicy steak inside, we were both happy."