Garlic Pepper Corn
"I've loved corn served with this simple seasoning since I was a child," recalls field editor Anna Minegar, Zolfo Springs, Florida. "It makes corn on the cob extra special."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium ears sweet corn, husked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, garlic pepper, paprika and
- salt; set aside. Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring
- to a boil; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Brush corn with butter; sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.