Garlic Parmesan Popcorn
I came up with this recipe one night when I was craving a salty snack. It's a great change from ordinary salted popcorn.—Rita Scarborough, Barrington, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a small skillet, melt
- butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain butter, discarding garlic.
- Drizzle butter over popcorn. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and
- basil; toss to coat. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 130 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now