The buttery pasta dish calls for orzo, which cooks quickly and is a nice change from ordinary pasta shapes."This fantastic recipe was inspired by a similar dish I once tried," Stephanie says. "It makes a superb side dish anytime. The garlic and Parmesan cheese really stand out."
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the orzo, Parmesan cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Parmesan Orzo in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p14
Reviews for Garlic Parmesan Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review