Garlic Parmesan Orzo Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the orzo, Parmesan cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Parmesan Orzo
Sort By :
I cut back on the butter and used some good olive oil. I also freshly grated Romano cheese and used couple of tablespoons on cream. If only I had some fresh parsley on hand ... wonderful, easy side dish.
I had a half box of orzo in the cupboard that I wanted to use up & found this recipe on the fly. Very easy and very tasty.
Can't go wrong with a garlic, cheese & pasta combo!! A great quick & easy side dish!
it will definitely be a repeated recipe. I cut the recipe in half, including the butter, and probably could have cut the butter down even more, and it was still delicious. I can't wait to heat it up for lunch and dinner tomorrow. I paired it with steamed salmon.
very good and flavorful. I made some for dinner and craving some more already.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >