Garlic Parmesan Orzo Recipe
The buttery pasta dish calls for orzo, which cooks quickly and is a nice change from ordinary pasta shapes."This fantastic recipe was inspired by a similar dish I once tried," Stephanie says. "It makes a superb side dish anytime. The garlic and Parmesan cheese really stand out."
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the orzo, Parmesan cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 321 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC