- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the orzo, Parmesan cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Parmesan Orzo
"I cut this recipe in half for my husband and I, and it worked perfectly. I didn't think this was bland at all! That may have been because I cooked the orzo in half chicken broth (leftover) and half water, to add a bit of extra flavor. I also used whole milk instead of 2%. Lastly, I used dry parsley (using the proper conversation of 1 tbsp fresh = 1 tsp dry). It was DELICIOUS! We will make this again!"
"Easy and delicious"
"I liked this dish. Easy to make and very flavourful. I did not measure the garlic, but just minced 3 garlic cloves. I also did as the other poster and used only 3 tbsp butter to cut back on the calories."
"I cut back on the butter and used some good olive oil. I also freshly grated Romano cheese and used couple of tablespoons on cream. If only I had some fresh parsley on hand ... wonderful, easy side dish."
"I had a half box of orzo in the cupboard that I wanted to use up & found this recipe on the fly. Very easy and very tasty."