Garlic-Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower
Here's a skinny alternative to mashed potatoes. With the addition of sour cream and Parmesan cheese this dish is delicious.—Amy Green, Carrollton, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Drain and cool slightly. Transfer to a blender;
- add the remaining ingredients. Cover and process until smooth.
- Spoon into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and
- top is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 98 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.