Garlic Orzo Pilaf Recipe
This is an easy, go-to side dish that has lots of flavor. I always have the ingredients on hand and I find it's a easier than a prepackaged rice side dish because the orzo cooks so quickly.—
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add orzo; saute for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 256 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Garlic Orzo Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC