This is an easy, go-to side dish that has lots of flavor. I always have the ingredients on hand and I find it's a easier than a prepackaged rice side dish because the orzo cooks so quickly.—
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add orzo; saute for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Orzo Pilaf in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p41
Reviews for Garlic Orzo Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review