Garlic-Oregano Grilled Potato Fans
Turn everyday baked potatoes into an impressive grilled delight with this simple and flavorful treatment. Jennifer Black-Ortiz of San Jose, California shares the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2 in. apart in each potato, leaving
- slices attached at the bottom. Fan the potatoes slightly. Place each
- on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Insert onion and butter between potato slices. Sprinkle with celery,
- salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Fold foil around potatoes
- and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 40-45
- minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 potato fan (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 234 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.