Garlic-Oregano Grilled Potato Fans Recipe
Turn everyday baked potatoes into an impressive grilled delight with this simple and flavorful treatment. Jennifer Black-Ortiz of San Jose, California shares the recipe.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2 in. apart in each potato, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan the potatoes slightly. Place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- 2. Insert onion and butter between potato slices. Sprinkle with celery, salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 potato fan (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 234 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic-Oregano Grilled Potato Fans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC