Garlic-Oregano Grilled Potato Fans Recipe
Turn everyday baked potatoes into an impressive grilled delight with this simple and flavorful treatment. Jennifer Black-Ortiz of San Jose, California shares the recipe.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2 in. apart in each potato, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan the potatoes slightly. Place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Insert onion and butter between potato slices. Sprinkle with celery, salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Potato Fans in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p48
Reviews for Garlic-Oregano Grilled Potato Fans(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Potatoes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >