Garlic Oregano Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced sourdough bread
- Snack rye bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Meanwhile, cut the top third off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell.
- 2. Cube removed bread and top of bread. Spoon dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes and snack rye. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 238 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Garlic Oregano Dip
"I increased the dried oregano to 2 tablespoons, and added 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning. Because the onion flavor takes a while to permeate, this dip should be made ahead of time.. I made it the day before the party, and it was excellent."
"Very good! Should be called onion dip though... I didn't have plain oregano so I used dried Italian seasoning instead. Turned out great and it hit the spot last night! Tastes even better the next day!"