Garlic Oregano Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced sourdough bread
- Snack rye bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Meanwhile, cut the top third off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell.
- 2. Cube removed bread and top of bread. Spoon dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes and snack rye. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 238 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Oregano Dip
"I increased the dried oregano to 2 tablespoons, and added 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning. Because the onion flavor takes a while to permeate, this dip should be made the day before.I am editing this review now as I am making it for the second time, and wanted to add that this dip makes an outstanding pasta sauce.. if you have any leftovers. And wait.... there's more... It is terrific on a grilled ham and cheese sandwich., AND, as a topping on a grilled burger. As a volunteer field editor, it gives me pleasure to give this recipe five stars!"
"Very good! Should be called onion dip though... I didn't have plain oregano so I used dried Italian seasoning instead. Turned out great and it hit the spot last night! Tastes even better the next day!"