"This classic dip is fast and simple," writes Sarah Vasques of Milford, New Hampshire. "I first had it at a cast party and always try to keep some on hand for snacking." TIP: "We also like it with pumpernickel bread," Sara says.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced sourdough bread
- Snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Meanwhile, cut the top third off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell.
- Cube removed bread and top of bread. Spoon dip into bread shell. Serve with bread cubes and snack rye. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Garlic Oregano Dip in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p59
Reviews for Garlic Oregano Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2011
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2009
"Very good! Should be called onion dip though... I didn't have plain oregano so I used dried Italian seasoning instead. Turned out great and it hit the spot last night! Tastes even better the next day!"