“Whenever there’s an event at church, my friends always remind me to bring this cheese spread,” notes Michelle DeFriez of Grand Blanc, Michigan. “Once you add it to crackers, it’s hard to stop eating them!”
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 green onions (green portion only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and preserves until blended. Stir in the onions, bacon, garlic and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p11
Reviews for Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review