Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 green onions (green portion only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and preserves until blended. Stir in the onions, bacon, garlic and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 44 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.