Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread
“Whenever there’s an event at church, my friends always remind me to bring this cheese spread,” notes Michelle DeFriez of Grand Blanc, Michigan. “Once you add it to crackers, it’s hard to stop eating them!”
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 green onions (green portion only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and preserves until blended. Stir
- in the onions, bacon, garlic and pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 44 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.