- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 green onions (green portion only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and preserves until blended. Stir in the onions, bacon, garlic and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Reviews for Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread
"A really good dip, although I did make a few changes - 4 -5 tbsp. preserves, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 c sour cream (next time would try 1/2 c so it's smoother to spread). Great w/ Club multigrain crackers and lots for 6 people or more."
"Everyone LOVED this dip. I added and extra tablespoon of apricot preserves and a friend mentioned she added onion powder to her version as well. Enjoy!"
"I decided to try this recipe, because I wanted something a little bit different for our small group. It was a huge hit with everyone, and people went back for seconds and thirds. I did add 1/2 a cup of sour cream, to make it a little more dippable, and we served it with crackers and veggies. Will definitely make this again!"
"I made this last night to share with friends at a graduation celebration. It is great! The preserves give it just a hint of sweetness, the green onions added a certain something. We had it with pretzels and cubes of beer bread. It's a keeper!"
"i made this for super bowl only thing i did not add the garlic it was so yummy i served it with wheat thins every one that tryed it loved it thank u"
"my family loves this! yum!"
"This recipe is a quick & easy crowd-pleaser & a family favorite. Just don't over-do the preserves."