Garlic Onion Cheese Biscuits Recipe
Laced with garlicky goodness, melted cheese and a lick of onion, these quick, buttery muffins are easy enough for weekday suppers but special enough for any company dinner. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1-1/4 cups cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each equals 204 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Onion Cheese Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC