Garlic-Mustard Rib Roast
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare a roast because it turns out so tender and flavorful. My husband and our six children just love it!
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat
- side up. Mix seasonings; rub over roast. Add water, broth and
- vinegar to pan.
- Roast 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Baste occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before
- carving. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.